With the international friendlies played this week, there has been little news out of the club. Here’s a few snippets of information:
- Soren Gonther took part in first team training yesterday for the first time in full. The defender who signed from Paderborn on a free transfer in the summer has been recovering from an injury that saw him miss the end of last season.
- Tickets for the home games against SV Sandhausen und VfR Aalen will go on sale from 22nd August for members. There are around 2,000 tickets available for each game, with availability limited due to the ongoing building work of the new stand. Further information can be found on the official site here.
- Patrick Funk and Daniel Ginczek both took part in the German U21′s game yesterday against Argentina, which they won 6-1. Both appeared as second half substitutes.
- Carlos Zambrano is also on international duty, and is expected to leave the club before the end of the transfer window. The club have been in discussions with Eintracht Frankfurt over the sale, with a fee of around €2,000,000 agreed. St. Pauli would receive €600,000 (30%) of the transfer fee, as 70% of the Zambrano’s rights are owned by a Swiss agency. However, St. Pauli are reluctant to sell before signing up a replacement, as the club only has two fit central defenders with Gonther not expected to be fully fit for a couple of weeks.
- Bene Pliquett has been missing from training for several days due as he suffers from the flu. Get well soon, Bene!
- Finally, the cup game against Offenburg this weekend will not be shown on the club’s tv site after the final whistle. There will be no highlights video, or the full length match video.